Applies to all areas of the makerspace. Ignorance is not an excuse.
Read the Wiki for the equipment you plan to use. If you break it, you will be responsible for bringing it back to its original or operating condition.
- 24-hour Access: This is a privilege. The last one to leave should turn off all the lights, close the doors (especially to the shop area), set the alarm, and lock the door.
- Kids under 18: MUST have a supervising adult family member at all times.
- Firestorm Robotics: In addition to the rules on this page, the entire team is required to comply with these additional rules.
- Guests: Members can bring their guests but only as an observer and they can't enter the shop area, especially when the equipment is running.
- Consumables: (filaments, resins, sandpaper, drill bits, end mills, etc.) are not provided by Makerspace. Some consumables are donated, and they are there for your convenience. If you break them, please replace them.
- Supplies: (lumber, metals, plastic, etc.) are also not provided, but some scrap supplies in the shop are free or may be provided with a donation.
Kindly pick up after yourself before you leave. Sweep, wipe or vacuum. Pretty please!
- 1.NO FOOD: No food or containers containing liquids are allowed in trash cans. Empty snack bags or water bottles are ok if disposed of in the trash can near the water cooler by the door.. Bring your food back home with you.
- 2.Leave the place cleaner than when you found it.
We have limited space. If you are not coming back to work on your project for a few days, please bring your stuff home or rent a locker.
- 1.Worktables: Our worktables are for active projects.
- 2.Storage Lockers: There are lockers available for rent in the resin/laser room and in the shop area. Bring your own lock and send a message to the shop manager so we can update your account.
The rule is, if you didn't bring it in, and it's unlabeled, it's not yours. Don't assume it's available.
- 1.Scrap materials painted with ORANGE belong to Cherokee Makersapace, RED belongs to Firestorm Robotics, and PURPLE is free to use.
- 2.Scrap metal in the shop is available in exchange for a scrap value donation. Please ask the shop manager beforehand.